March 2, 2023
Understand the changes that are happening to the NSW Security Industry Act that will commence on the 1st of June 2023 with Cameron Smith, Director of Security Licensing & Enforcement Directorate (SLED.
Key changes include:
- merging of the current Unarmed Guard and Crowd Controller licence subclasses into a single Security Officer subclass.
- creation of a new Cash-in-Transit Guard subclass
amendments to the definition of crowd controller and inclusion of additional places where the activity occurs through a new relevant place definition.
- increased penalties for certain offences to better reflect the comparative seriousness of each offence.
- tightening of visa requirements for licensing purposes.
- authority to publish details of licence revocations and offences against the Security Industry Act and regulations via the SLED website and Facebook page.
- new offences for obstructing enforcement officers.
- new provisions that prevent unsuitable persons being employed in prescribed work in the security industry.
- authority for individuals who hold a Master licence to carry on class 2B (Security Seller) activities and remove the need to also hold a separate class 2B licence.
March 2, 2023
Understand the changes that are happening to the NSW Security Industry Act that will commence on the 1st of June 2023
December 12, 2022
This Webinar discusses our new feature called Welfare Checks.